OSGi based Web application - source enthusiasm

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

OSGi based Web application

I decide to develop OSGi based web application. Quick investigation bring me to Equinox Servlet Container. Because I didn't decide jet which OSGi implementation I'd like to use, I created my own servlet container. My servlet container is identical to Equinix implementation, but there are some changes and I think in the future there could be more.

Peter Kriens
Well, just as obviously, people's requirements differ. Equinox is optimized for very large systems, uses lots of caching, but is therefore much bigger than Knopflerfish or Apache Felix. The best part about OSGi technology is that it still strives to write applications once and run anywhere, and it is really getting closer. An independent specification allows different implementations that optimize for a certain area.

The next decision was using Maven to setup the servlet bridge for Tomcat. It has borrowed much more time, than I thought. But hear is the results of my pom.xml. So the maven could deploy my application at a servlet container (e. g. Tomcat, Jetty, ...)

The advantage of using OSGi is a strong modularity and your can use it at different solutions. First of all I would like to create Google Web Toolkit (GWT) bundle and use it with such JE frameworks as Spring and Hibernate. The last two already have the bridge on OSGi. Actually I don't know does the GWT have some bridge or can I just wrap it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ITSolusenz departments manage all components ITsolusenz.com of software development including, Application Development Company, software development company india, Software Development Services.